Twitter Search / LifeNewsHQ

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

a brief glimpse at some of the BUTTERBALL FARMS family history


 above & below: grandpa Leo & grandma Helen & kids (incl my mom, 2nd from left) at their Evanston apartment where Butterball began 

 above & below: after the Butter invention took off, the Peters family moved to Grand Rapids where the factory was opened & grandpa bought the so-called "Butterball Mansion" at 750 Plymouth (the GR Press dubbed it the "butterball mansion") . Here's a couple of the Peters kids . 

 above & below: a young Grandpa Leo Peters with his bike 

 above & below: my grandma Helen is in this picture (2nd from right) ,from the Chicago Daily News, 1932 





 above & below: Here are five of the six Peters daughters, l to r: Diana, Linda, Sandra, Martha, Barb (Brenda now shown) 

 the butterball mansion in the winter, Grand Rapids, Michigan

 above: back in Chicago, the two eldest Peters sisters, Linda (my mom) & Martha 
 four  of the Peters girls in the tree at 750 Plymouth


 above & below: sandra was one of the youngest daughters, if not the youngest 





above: my mom was VERY active in many clubs & teams at the high school (Grand Rapids Christian). Here she is on the cheerleading team (3rd from right) 

 above: mom and santa claus 

 above: Mark Peters on the Left is now the CEO of Butterball Farms (photo mid-70's) 
 above: Teri Peters (red shirt) is one of the daughters of Leo & Nancy Peters (Leo's 2nd wife) and sister of Mark who is the CEO of Butterball Farms 
 above: that may be Ani Peters in the tan pants who is the other sister of Mark 


 above: back in the "good ol' days" Teri & Phil Kok were pals...here is Teri sleeping over at the Kok house







 above & below: something related to Grandma Mills (my great-grandma) funeral (the mother of Helen Mills Peters, my grandma who died at an early age) . Leo Peters (founder of Butterball) in tan jacket 









“He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.” Job 23:10-11