Twitter Search / LifeNewsHQ

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

a few churches & a bit of narration from my blog








  @ mariners church, doc beshore bible study, i think this is the daughter of one of the leaders...or related in some way..because they always sit together. Unfortunately, I've been attending this "bible study" for a few months now, and feel as if there are "insiders" and others; and I'm not one of the insiders and don't think I would become one even if I was there for 10 years..I enjoyed the environment at first..relax, eat a few snacks, drink some coffee or tea (always give a donation) but I'm not sure it truly encourages authentic spiritual growth and action...at least I'm tentative..I haven't given up on it yet, but we shall see 

 calvary chapel costa mesa 












 outer staircase, crystal cathedral (now Christ cathedral) , 10th floor view 


























 st victor catholic church, west hollywood..I often enjoy this quiet 7:45 pm service on Monday..one thing that makes me a bit apprehensive is the priest's highbrow glances periodically...not sure what to make of these eye-contact moments..so I try to avoid eye contact..poor guy is stuck in a wheelchair..keep him in our prayers 


 @ incarnation church, glendale, CA.



 friday night fish fry at the Christ Cathedral 















 elliot vanderlugt used to be pastor at this CRC in Ripon (he was also my suitemate at Calvin College back in 1985-86, Beets Dormitory. Elliot is no longer a CRC pastor )