Twitter Search / LifeNewsHQ

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

some memories from alger elementary school (mostly), grand rapids, michigan, 1970's

 miss bacon's class: that's me in the green & blue next to darrel edwards (african-american, pink shirt), & i see mike waalkes on the top row (4 from left), shawn wiley (top row 3 from left), kenny norman (top, 2 from left) ; also vicky vandenbosch (I think, front row,6 from left...she married one of my classmates from Christian high, Dave Tuuk); & amy hornung (or horning? front, 4 from left; she lived next door to the engelhards..so cute; and also kathy mendels, middle row, 7th from left...also a cutie-pie, her older brother, Chris, was a great athlete at Ottawa HS, & her younger brothers were friends with my little brother, steve ) ..several others who I remember by face but not by name 

above: this is actually from Seymour Christian, Mrs Gebben's class ,
5th grade 1977-78 (I transferred from Alger to Seymour after 4th grade)




above & below: Mrs. Edmunds' class 1974-75, back at Alger elementary which was almost right across the street from our house on Griswold, in Alger Heights. I'm in the dark blue shirt, top row, 2nd from left. I wonder if that is Colin Piers next to me in the red shirt? That must be Kevin "Gubby" Dalson 4th from left top row (blue shirt); and Mike Waalkes with his face partially covered next to gubby (what kind of photographer took this picture? ) far right top row...the kid with glasses, I think his name was Pat








above: kindergarten class with Mrs. Page ; also Mr. Clements was principal; I am on the top, far right (striped collar); looks like gubby (kevin dalson) & mike (waalkes) (2nd row going up from the bottom, #5 & 6  from the left )

















also Miss Bacon's class (1975-76): there I am in the front row (helping hold the sign, red pants, definitely 70's style, or lack of); mike waalkes next to me in red shirt, Kenny Norman next to Mike (Mike's mom was also a teacher's assistant at the school, not shown here); looks like Kathy Mendels on the top row, far right; Vickey vandenBosch front row far right (next to Bacon); Darrel Edwards (top row 2nd from left; he lived close to my friend Rick Byle on Hazen street, where I also delivered the GR Press; and his sister, Kathy was the same age...were they twins?; Amy Hornung middle row, third from left; Shawn Wiley middle row, far right
(he also lived on Hazen);