Twitter Search / LifeNewsHQ

Saturday, August 29, 2015

(I was there! Sort of) REMEMBERING KATRINA"With rhythm and reverence, New Orleans marks 10 years since Katrina" | Reuters

(I was there! Sort of) REMEMBERING KATRINA,....I actually was a volunteer for the red cross in L.A where many families from new orleans were re-located to in the aftermath. I helped do needs assessment.This was all in the midst of the strange Amanda Steele chapter (the Christian High girl who became a prosecuting attorney in traverse city and became alarmed by me leaving a pocket Bible on her doorstep during my summer mission trip across the USA where I left literally hundreds of pocket Bibles for people here & there,including many of my former high school classmates. She allegedly considered it "threatening",or wanted to make such a case to try to embarrass me,as evidenced by the fact she concocted a scheme to have me "served" with a summons on a Sunday morning at church (on the 10th floor of the offices at the crystal cathedral).This was all during the Katrina season.That was really low-down dirty on her part. Anyways,it was quite an experience helping the katrina victims here in L.A. And by the way,I was very close to actually going to new orleans,to the extent that I even took a "disaster relief" class at the red cross in orange ca (required for those going to the disaster as red cross volunteers). But then I ended up satisfied I was helping enough right here in L.A.

"With rhythm and reverence, New Orleans marks 10 years since Katrina" | Reuters
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0QY0AF20150829